Head of the Department
Priyadarshini Institute of Engineering and Technology (PIET) is one of the prestigious engineering institutes run by Lokmanya Tilak Jankalyan Sikshan Sanstha (LTJSS), Nagpur. This is the first institute to offer B. Tech Biotechnology, as four-year semester pattern, degree course, in the entire Vidarbha region. Blessed with spacious and sprawling campus, well designed laboratories, the college and the Department of Biotechnology, aims for academic excellence and all-round development of student in this upcoming field.
This course was started in the academic year of 2007-2008 with the intake of 60 students. All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi has granted permission to start this course under Rashtrasant Tukdoji Maharaj Nagpur University, Nagpur. This laid the foundation for B.Tech course structure which was the culmination of engineering and biological sciences.
- 1. Only institute offering B.Tech course in Biotechnology Discipline.
- 2. Well equipped lab to conduct research in Molecular Biology, Tissue Culture, Genetic Engineering, Fermentation technology etc.
- 3. Well qualified and experienced faculty rich in Industrial and Teaching experience.
- 4. Guest lecturers are invited from eminent personalities in industries and research foundations & workshops in various areas of expertise.
- 5. Access to Internet for students and staff through
- 4 Mbps leased line. 6. Effective teaching learning process is implemented by schemes like Class Teacher scheme, continuous assessment of students etc.
- 7. Students are encourage to undertake training in industries in vacations.
- 8. A national level Project exhibition & conference - 'NIRMITI' is organized every year jointly by the various departments of PIET.