The Department of Computer Technology was established in 1990 . The Department has well qualified faculty members with 4 faculty members having Ph.D degree and 8 are pursuing their Ph. D. They are having specialization in Database and Data Mining, Data Structures,Software Engineering, Computer Networks, Information and Cyber Security, Image Processing, Cloud Computing, Soft Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning etc..The program contains the courses which train the students to cope up with current industrial needs. Students' academic excellence is reflected in the best placement history of the department, as well as the significant number of students who are inclined to gain admissions for higher studies and opted for entrepreneurship.
Scope of branch:- After completion of course, the Graduates of Computer Technology program are offered very good salary packages by the top companies like TCS, Wipro, Microsoft, Google, Infosys, Accenture, HCL, Facebook, Cognizant, Adobe, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, Flipkart, IBM, etc. Students also have an option of appearing for the GATE exam whose score card is evaluated by various government organizations for recruitment.
Key Strengths :
- Well qualified and experienced faculty.
- Well equipped and modern laboratories.
- Most of the faculty members presented & published papers at several reputed National, International conferences and journals.
- Excellent teaching learning environment.
- Department is working on an outcome based teaching-learning process.
- Department has a good number of Placement records.
- The Department organizes Soft Skill & Technical Skill development programs for students in coordination with the T & P Department.
- Summer Internship in Industries is provided to students by the Department.
- Department provides collaborative interaction of students with Industry Experts.
- Department organizes Conferences, workshops and short term courses for knowledge uplift of faculties and students.
With the biggest number of placements among self-financing engineering colleges in Maharashtra, Computer Technology students are highly regarded by IT companies. Students get the opportunity to attend selection tests of the biggest IT companies from around the world. Average salary offered is 10 lakh per annum and highest salary offered is 30 lakh per annum. With focus on digital technologies.
Facilities available: -
The department has the latest technology based computer systems which include good computing facilities. It has developed different computer laboratories depending on different courses according to the prescribed syllabus of the university and provides hardware, software and operational support needed for the laboratory work. Each laboratory maintains an adequate number of computers and peripherals of the latest configurations for the students. Almost all the laboratories are equipped with computers to provide one-one support to the students for their lab work. The computers are installed with Linux operating systems and application software for conducting the official laboratory courses. The laboratories also have a variety of other software that includes various programming languages, development environments, advanced tools for graphics, numerical computing and final year dissertation works. All computers are connected with high end networks (both wired and wireless) and supported by multiple high speed dedicated internet connectivity.