About Cell :
In compliance with the Supreme Court Judgment and guidelines issued in 1997 to provide for the effective enforcement of the basic human right of gender equality and guarantee against sexual harassment and abuse, more particularly against sexual harassment at work places the University Grants Commission (UGC) has issued circulars and insisting the enactment of the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal Act Sexual Harassment Act in April 2013) to all the universities and colleges affiliated to it advising them to establish a permanent cell /committee and to frame guidelines to combat sexual harassment, violence against women and ragging at the universities and colleges. It has further advised them to be proactive by developing a conducive atmosphere on the campus, where the women are respected and they are treated with dignity. As per the guidelines of UGC and the Supreme Court, a Committee against Sexual Harassment/ (ICC) Internal Complaints Committee at as been established to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students of the College.
Committee Members :
|Sr.No.||Name of Faculty||Designation|
|1.||Dr.(Mrs.)M.P.Joshi||Presiding Officer (ICC)|
|2.||Prof.Mrudula Gudadhe||Faculty Member (ICC)|
|3.||Prof.Manisha Pund||Faculty Member (ICC)|
|4.||Mr.R.K.Kamle||Non Teaching Member (ICC)|
|5.||Mrs.Varsha Warkad||Non Teaching Member (ICC)|
|6.||Mrs. Priti Gotekar||Member Student Ph.D.(ICC)|
|7.||Ms. Payal Mohitkar||Member Student P.G.(ICC)|
|8.||Ms.Kajal Badlani||Member Student U.G.(ICC)|
|9.||Smt Rekha Barhate||NGO Member (ICC)|
The Objectives of Internal Complaints Committee at Priyadarshini College of Engineering includes:
- Prevention of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, by promoting gender amity among students and employees.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women in a time bound manner aiming at ensuring support services to the victim.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty.
- To uphold the commitment of the Institute to provide an environment free of gender-based discrimination
- To create a secure physical and social environment to deter any act of sexual harassment.
- To promote a social and psychological environment to raise awareness on sexual harassment in its various forms.
Methodology (Code of Conduct):
The procedure for redressal of complaints regarding sexual harassment of women at workplace was finalized and it was decided that the guidelines and norms laid down by Hon'ble Supreme Court as Vishakha Guidelines should be followed by Internal Complaints Committee.
List of Activities:
1) ONE DAY WORKSHOP ON AWARENESS ON SEXUAL HARRASSMENT AT WORKPLACE