Department of Electronics & Power Engineering
Head of the Department
The Department of Electrical Engineering (Electronics & Power) was established in 1995 with intake capacity of 60 students. The in-take capacity of the department has been increased to 120 from 2007. The UG course has been accredited by NBA till year 2023-24 and has seen tremendous growth in all aspects.. Department also runs PG course (M. Tech in Industrial Drives and Control) with intake of 18 students since 2006 and centre for research since 2013. The Department has well equipped laboratories with modern and sophisticated equipments and has sanctioned grant from AICTE under MODROB.
Electrical Department has very vibrant student's forum (EESF) which organizes co-curricular and extracurricular activities for bringing out the hidden talents of students.Deparment has Institute of Enginers (IEI) students capters since 2013.
Dr. Kishor B. Porate, Professor & Head is leading the department.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty rich in Industrial and Teaching experience.
- Guest lecturers are invited from eminent personalities in industries and research foundations & workshops in various areas of expertise.
- Access to Internet for students and staff through 100 Mbps leased line.
- Effective teaching learning process is implemented by schemes like Class Teacher scheme, continuous assessment of students etc.
- Students are encouraged for vocational training in industries.
- Department has vibrant Institution of Engineers Students chapter under which may techinical activities like Vihaan is orgnaized every year.